Friday, May 7, 2010

Parent-Teacher Conferences

Remember when you were in school and your parents would tell you that they were going to meet with your teacher for a conference? I remember being just a LITTLE bit scared, even though I knew that everything was fine. I always had good grades, good citizenship reports, etc.

Now the roles are reversed... I am the parent going to the conference, and guess what? I'm STILL just a little bit scared! Do you ever feel that way???

Today I went to Big A's parent-teacher conference. I was fairly certain that he'd be doing fine academically, perhaps even ahead of the game, but I was concerned with what his teacher would say about his behavior. Turns out I didn't need to be, the
colored cards he's bringing home each day tell the whole story but she still thinks he's a great kid. She stated what I already knew, that up until this week Big A had really turned a corner behaviorally, but that this weed he'd gone downhill again. She has faith that it's just a phase for a five year old boy, and that all will be well in the world of Big A.

She showed me drawings that he'd done of our family in the beginning of the year and one that he'd done last week. It's amazing! In September we were just faces, now we have bodies and hair and colors and everything! She also showed us Big A's self-portrait from September (Again, a BIG green head with HUGE ears... Rather monkey like if you ask me!) and the one he just drew and comparisons of which letters and numbers he'd recognized then and which he recognizes now.

All in all, Big A is a bright boy who will surely succeed in life, he just needs to work on his listening and following directions as well as his constant need to be in control.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GOOD GOING!!!!!!!!!! AIDEN keep up the good work, and you too Mom and Dad.

Love you all
Auntie A