Thursday, May 6, 2010

National Day of Prayer

Today is National Day of Prayer. I'll be honest, I had never HEARD of National Day of Prayer until this year and can you believe it's been going on since 1952? NINETEEN FIFTY-TWO! WHO KNEW??? Sure, they probably mentioned it on the radio before and perhaps I'd heard it and never thought much about it, but this year I heard it and I paid attention. And it got me thinking...

Today I am praying for...

...Uncle Larry to have a speedy recovery.

...Our friend, Mark, for his impending surgery.

...My children's future.

...Our nation's leaders, that they will lead in the right direction and get us out of the mess we're in and that our nation that it will still be standing tall and proud by the time my kids are old enough to understand.

...All people suffering from diseases, young and old alike.

...The health care workers who work with these individuals that they may find cures and medical breakthroughs.

...Our military personnel who are serving our country in faraway lands as well as the families and friends they've left behind.

And the list goes on...

What are YOU praying for?


No comments: