Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Elmo Cake


Everyone knows Elmo, right? I mean really... What's not to love about this furry, red, monster with the large, orange nose???

On Sunday Grandma and Grandpa took the A's to our friend's 2nd birthday party. The party had an Elmo theme, complete with cookies brought to you by the number 2 and the letter C (for our friend's name) and an Elmo cake. The kids were in sugar heaven!
HOLD THAT THOUGHT!
If you don't like poop, you won't want to read this...

On Monday, the kids and I ran to Kohl's to get Big A some shorts. While we were there, with our arms full of shorts to try on, of course, Big A informed me that he needed to go poop. *SIGH*

We put all of the items down on a rack and headed towards the back of the store and the restrooms. We went in and Little A and I snuggled while Big A took care of his business. When he completed the task, I bent him over my knee a bit to wipe him and noticed that the poop in the toilet had the most odd color to it... It was kind of a pink red orange, something along the lines of THIS COLOR.

After my initial "OH MY GOD!" reaction, I calmed myself and thought, "What did he eat?" Beets were the first thing that came to mind, but it was FAR from beet color, and honestly, it wasn't even close to the color of blood, which was my first thought. For the life of me, I couldn't think of anything we'd eaten that would produce poop that color.

About this time, Little A noticed the colored poop and commented, "Mommy! His poop has redness! I see redness!"

I assured her that he was fine and wondered aloud, "What did you eat?" And then it hit me! It was that Elmo cake! I said, "OH! It's Elmo cake!"

Without missing a beat Little A yelled out, "IN HIS BUTT????"

And that's where I lost it. I realized afterwards that Big A and I were laughing so hard at her dismay, that I never took the time to explain to her what happens sometimes when we eat foods that are dyed. She hasn't questioned it again, oh well!

1 comment:

Bek said...

The EXACT same thing happened the first time I did a fondant covered cake and Anna kept nibbling fondant. It scared the crap out of me (literally). LOL