Wednesday, May 12, 2010

All God's Critters


Tonight was the kids' Spring Sing at school. The theme was "All God's Critters" and the kids all wore animal masks and costumes. It was super cute to see all of the dogs, butterflies, bugs, spiders, dinosaurs, etc., up on the stage singing and dancing.

I'm frustrated with myself that I didn't get any video of the kids singing, but I was very confused. The program made it look like ALL of the classes were going to be singing a song at the end, and I was planning on getting that on video so I could get both kids in one video. I guess 'ALL' means all but the 2-day class and I didn't realize that the group that was up there was already on the last song so I completely missed the boat! I ended up getting some cute pictures, but with so many kids and so many parents it's difficult to get just the right location to get the perfect shot and people kept getting in the way. I'm sure I got in the way of other people too, so I'm not really complaining.

I do have one complaint, though... When I went in to get seats, (And I went half an hour early, mind you...) all of the very front rows were still open. I tried to sit in one but was told that they were reserved for the students. That made perfect sense, so I picked other seats. I made a judgment call based on where B told me Big A stood during the singing. BAD CHOICE, by the way... But anyhow... As it got closer to show time and more and more people started showing up, they saw open seats up front and sat down. And guess what??? THEY STAYED! And they were ALLOWED TO STAY! Not fair! NOT FAIR, I TELL YOU! I know, I know... Life's not fair! I should just be thankful that we had seats, the the kids go to a good school, that we were able to watch the show, etc. Okay, I'm better now!

I never got a picture of Little A looking at the camera either... Bummer!

We were sitting in a spot where we were watching Big A from an angle and never go to really see his face...

Until a break between songs when he turned and we got him to smile and wave (that's his 'girlfriend' sitting next to him!)

Cheesy grin girl!


After the show, Little A's friend, Bailie, was upset that the 2-Day class had only gotten to sing one song. Wonder Woman Molly came up with the brilliant idea to take Little A and Bailie up to the risers to let them sing their own song which made it all better. Thanks, Molly!



No comments: