Monday, May 3, 2010

Who Are You, And What Have You Done With My Kids???


It's 7:15 on Sunday morning and I'm sleeping soundly. I'm awakened by Big A standing next to the bed in his boxers holding a button down shirt. "Good morning, Mommy! I picked a shirt out for church! I made my bed already, too, and my jammies are in the dirty clothes!"

I'm amazed by these simple gestures as usually it's a struggle for Big A to get up and dressed in the morning. He's much too distracted by anything from tractors to carpet lint to worry about the fact that one of these days he's going to wind up at school naked.

I praise him and thank him and then remind him that he needs to take a shower before he gets dressed.

This morning, B texts me to let me know that the kids have done it again! He got out of the shower this morning to find both kids out of bed, fully clothed, beds made, jammies in the dirty clothes, etc.

AMAZING! Do you think they're sick? Should I take them to the doctor? How long do you think this will last? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this, but where are my children?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it wonderful, enjoy it while it does last. Good for them, they will always keep you guessing.

Love

Auntie A