Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pizza, Wine and Catching Up With Family

Tonight we drove to Benicia to meet my sister and her family for dinner. We live an hour and a half away from each other yet we rarely see each other. My sister emailed us last week with the brilliant idea that we should meet in the middle for dinner. GEEZ! Why hadn't we thought of that sooner!?!?

Mom had gone online to search for restaurants in the area and found a little whole in the wall pizza place that does mainly take-out and delivery but has seating for about 20 people. It was great! We were the only people in the restaurant the majority of the time, being joined only now and then by patrons waiting for take-out orders.

There was a gentleman in there when we arrived who my sister was convinced thought that we were nuts. I don't know what was abnormal about the fact that we pretty much took over the place but he sure liked to watch us! Because of that, I HAD to find a way to get his picture for my blog.

Mom and B were so nice to pose for me. After the picture I loudly said, "That was no good, let me try again."

This time they rudely politely spread apart so I could get a good shot. They are SO clever!

Since we were the only group actually eating at the restaurant, the owner allowed Big A and Little A to stand right at the opening of the kitchen to watch them make pizzas. They were THRILLED (and I must say, so was I because it kept them occupied!)!

We enjoyed three different kinds of pizzas, a bottle of wine, and just being together! My sister and my mom compared iPhones and apps, the guys talked about guy things and the kids talked to whomever would listen.

They LOVED playing with their cousin (although they missed their other cousin and hope he can join us next time) and were sad to leave.

But alas, all good things must end...
We said our goodbyes, gave our hugs and kisses and headed our separate ways with promises of setting a date to do it all again next month. Good idea, Sis! I'm glad you thought of it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Me, too, T! It was so fun. Missed M, but loved seeing J ... and B! Can't wait for next time! Thanks, A, for capturing this! XOM