Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.
~ William Makepeace Thackeray


"Mommy, I love you as big as a T-Rex!" That's what Big A told me on Saturday while we were walking through Safeway shopping for food for the dinner I was going to prepare for myself that night. Then he said, "Mommy, you need some flowers. Can I go pick some out and give them to you then you can pay for them?" Sweet boy! It's definitely the thought that counts!

This weekend I wasn't motivated to do much of anything. I don't know what it was, but I was just tired and wanted to be L A Z Y! I don't think I stayed up later than 9pm Friday or Saturday nights. But hey... It was Mother's Day weekend... I had a right, right?

Saturday B worked so the kids and I just hung out and played, ran some errands, and took naps. After naps I fixed a wonderful steak, baked potato (with all the fixins', of course!), corn on the cob and wedge salad dinner. It was YUMMY!

B wanted to take a ride to the coast in the evening, but by the time dinner was cooked, eaten and cleaned up, it was too late so I fell asleep watching TV on the couch while B and the kids went to Best Buy to ride in the race car carts. That in itself was an awesome gift! An hour of me-time to veg on the couch!

They decided to give me my Mother's Day gifts on Saturday night. I got some new cupcake pans that maybe won't burn the cupcakes, a loaf pan (I'm CERTAIN that I got this so B can make Beer Bread, Brenda!), a cool cupcake cookbook and a Mom's devotional book. Big A made me this necklace and the sunflower tile at school and Little A planted the little pink flowers for me at school.

On Sunday we went out to breakfast at one of our favorite restaurants and then went to church. After church B went to work and the kids and I came home and relaxed for a couple of hours before heading over to Grandma and Grandpa's for dinner. Grandpa barbecued ribs and Grandma and I made baked potatoes, wedge salad, garlic bread and strawberry shortcake. I got a box of the creamiest truffles I've ever tasted and a WINNING ticket that says the Dodgers will win the World Series. (Start praying, Dodger fans! I could use that money and it's going to take a miracle!)

All in all it was a great Mother's Day weekend surrounded by a few of the people I love most in this world. Thanks, Mom, for giving me life... For without you, I wouldn't have my two precious babies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Totally my pleasure! And thanks in return for giving me two wonderfully precious grandbabies!

XO infinity, M