Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Red Day For Softie Dog



Meet Softie Dog, Big A's stuffed dog. Softie is a SHE, please don't confuse that or you'll hear about it! I automatically say, "He/him," and I get reminded CONSTANTLY that 'Softie Girl' is a SHE. : )

Notice Softie's brand new red collar that Santa brought her? Yes, Softie is basically a member of our family, at least in Big A's eyes she is... Not being a dog person in the least makes it very difficult for me to accept this at times, especially when Softie talks back to me or gets an attitude with me. She has such a whiny voice! In all honesty, sometimes I want to smack that dog across the room but I wouldn't!

Tonight after bath, I heard Big A talking to Softie. I didn't think much of it until I walked in the bedroom and he said to me, "MOMMY! Softie was watching TV when I told her not to! I turned it off and she turned it right back on after I said no!"

Me - "WOW! REALLY!?!?! That's AWFUL! Now you know how we feel when you don't listen to us. Did you like it when Softie didn't do what you asked?"

Big A - "NO! I'm SO frustrated!"

Me - "Yes, it's frustrating, huh? What do you think you should do about it?"

Big A (Picking up Softie) - "Yeah! I'm going to spank her butt!"

Me - "Well... I don't know if THAT is a good idea. Do I ever spank you when you do things I don't like?"

Big A - "No, but I'm going to spank her."

He walks over to Softie's 'dog house' (which he's now telling me is not big enough and we could throw away some toys to make room for a bigger one), puts Softie inside it, makes a motion towards the window and says, "I threw that TV RIGHT out the window! I told Softie twice and she didn't listen. She didn't get to finish watching that commercial and now she's crying but I threw that TV RIGHT out the window."

Me - "WOW! Well hopefully she learned a lesson from this. Hopefully next time she'll listen to you the first time you ask her to do something."

And with that he was off to get his pajamas on.



No comments: