Thursday, March 25, 2010

Blog Comments

Last weekend I received a comment on my 'travelogue', the three posts I wrote about our vacation, from a man I don't know. I don't receive many comments on my posts and generally the ones I DO receive are from family and friends but I'm always intrigued as to how other people stumble across my blog.

Awhile back I posted
this post about Ice Road Truckers and a conversation the kids were having in the backseat and this post about abstract art and the value of PBS shows and I had people who work on each show post comments to my blog. I learned that they have systems that track when people link to the shows and they read up to see what people are saying. That explains that one.

I'm also registered with BlogHer and under the ad that you see on my left sidebar, they feature four blog posts. Quite often I find that my blog posts are listed there on other people's blogs (I frequently see people visiting my blog from
Big Mama). That explains that one.

And finally, every once in awhile I see people who have arrived from Google, probably by mistake. But where do these other people come from? How do they stumble upon my blog? Don't get me wrong, I love it! I'm glad people read my blog, I hope they enjoy it, but I'm curious!

So here's the question... How did you stumble upon my blog and what do you like about it? Leave me a comment and let me know! I love getting comments about as much as I love that people to read my blog, so come on! Flood my inbox!

Oh... And here's a little secret... Awhile back I signed up to blog for books. A company sends me books to read and I review them on my blog. The first one is coming up the week after Easter and guess what??? Sometimes they give me a give away copy. Hmmm...


No comments: