Tuesday, November 3, 2009

More Conversation From The Back Seat


My son is OBSESSED with Ice Road Truckers**. I can't say that I've ever actually watched a full episode (although I did try once) but Grandpa got Big A HOOKED! He knows the drivers, the roads, the terms, the loads, the trucks, everything! It's crazy! And he loves to play ice road trucker with anyone and anything, anywhere, at any time. Often he and Little A pretend they are ice road truckers in the backseat of the van. I've shared snippets of their imaginations with you all before, but they never cease to amaze me (and quite frankly, CRACK. ME. UP.).

Yesterday's conversation went like this (while both kids were covering their mouths with one hand pretending to talk on CB Radios):

Big A: "Jack Jessie, you there?"

Little A: "I'm not Jack Jessie! I'm Little A!"

Big A: "But PRETEND you're Jack Jessie, and I'm Lisa Kelly."

(Yeah, I know... He wanted HER to be a guy and HE would be a girl. He thinks it's really cool that there is a FEMALE ice road trucker because you know... "Girls can't drive pickups.")

Little A: "Okay. You want to go to dinner?"

(A typical Little A comment... Her mind is ALWAYS on food!)

Big A: "Yes, let's meet at Mary's at six o'clock."

Little A: "Yeah, Marys."

Big A: "WAIT! Wait. I don't know if I can be there at six o'clock. I might be on the hill."

(I'm assuming that 'THE HILL' is a term from the show.)

Little A: "Okay."

Big A: "Actually, Little A, you're too young to drive a truck."

Me: "Wait a minute, Big A. What do you mean she's too young? If she is, then so are you."

Big A: "Well I'm pretending I'm a grandpa and she's my granddaughter."

(WHERE DO THEY COME UP WITH THIS STUFF?!?!?!)

Me: "You can't just decide what people are going to do. You have to ask them. You have to ask if she wants to be a driver or be your granddaughter."

Big A: "Okay. Little A, do you want to be a driver, or do you want me to be the grandpa and you be the granddaughter?"

Little A: "I want to be the granddaughter."

And then we went to Walmart. LOL

**Note to Santa... If they have a season of Ice Road Truckers on DVD, I know a little boy who would be in HEAVEN!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey amy, couldn't help but run across your blog - i work on ice road truckers and would love to send you some IRT stuff for your son, if you're interested. email me and we can work it out - dreamsupply at mac dot com