Sunday, November 8, 2009

Out Of The Mouths Of Babes

We're all familiar with the old "Eeny Meeny Miny Moe" nursery rhyme, right? Lately Big A has been saying it quite often and of course what Big A says, Little A says, except that Little A doesn't always get the words QUITE right (nor does Big A when he hears things and repeats them, for that matter).
Little A thinks the nursery rhyme goes like this:

"Teeny Miny Moe... He had a toe... Teeny Meeny Miny Moe!"

________________________________

Big A is old enough now that he gets himself in and out of the car and his booster. As soon as the car stops, Little A starts telling him, "Big A! BUCKLE ME OUT!"

Big A is always unbuckles her (which is a huge help to me!) and when he's done he says to her, "There ya' go, Little Lady." I don't know where he gets that, but it's TOO cute!

Unfortunately, Little A doesn't find it amusing. Her response is always, "I'm NOT Little Lady, I'm Little A!"

__________________________________

Yesterday we were driving around town with the windows down in the van. When we got home, Big A unbuckled himself and said, "Mommy, watch this," and proceeded to put his head out the window and pretend he was a dog.

I chuckled with him but then reminded him that it wasn't safe to put his head out the window because if Daddy didn't know his head was out there and he rolled up the window it would hurt him, etc.

Big A said, "OH! It would chop off my head and I'd have to carry myself around like this (holding his hands cupped together at his waist as if he were holding a ball) to see where I was going!"

How I love these kids! They keep me laughing for sure, but they do keep me on my toes!



No comments: