Monday, November 30, 2009

That Kind Of Night...

Ever have one of those nights when the kids ask politely to stop watching television and go to bed? The kind when they quietly climb the stairs, take off their dirty clothes and place them gently into the laundry basket, put on their pajamas, use the restroom, brush their teeth, and climb into bed? The kind when they wait patiently for you to come tuck them in without screaming, crying, fighting, jumping or any number of other disruptive behaviors?

Yeah, me neither!

How about one of those nights when the kids won't settle down and stop egging each other on so they can get ready for bed? The kind when you say things that you REALLY don't mean because they just slip out? The kind when you threaten to do things that you'd never do because in the heat of the moment you don't know what else to say?

Yeah, me too... Tonight was THAT kind of night.


PS. Santa, if you're reading this, I don't REALLY want you to bring me kids who listen and behave... I love my rambunctious monkeys WAY too much for that! I'll keep 'em! THANKS!


No comments: