Tuesday, November 10, 2009

God Is Good

Many of you who read my blog have expressed frustration at me for putting links to sad baby websites on my blog sidebar. What can I say, I'm fascinated. I get drawn in, I pray for these kids and their families, I get to a point where I feel like I know these people or at least I'd LIKE to know these people. I'd like to reach out and hug every one of them and pray with them and let them cry on my shoulder.

My whole fascination with blogs (the ones I follow and my desire to start my own) stemmed from an article I read last December in
our local newspaper. I stumbled upon an article about a man in Southern California named Mark Lamberth who had been in a dirt bike accident and was clinging to life in a hospital there. The article provided a link to a blog that had been started by Mark's family and it was updated faithfully every day (sometimes multiple times per day) with Mark's condition. I started reading it and soon it was like I knew that family and was right there through all their ups and downs. Unfortunately Mark did not survive the accident but his wife continues to update the blog about life for her and her son after losing her husband.

Once in awhile Mark's blog would provide links to other websites of families in need of prayer and you know how it is once you start clicking on all those links... You get further and further into the Internet and find more and more information (in this case, blogs of people in need of prayer). The ones I found the most fascinating were the ones that involved children and babies.

In my clicking madness I stumbled upon
Kelly's Korner, a blog that at the time was devoted to Kelly's daughter, Harper, and her time in the NICU. Harper eventually got well and went home and is now a happy, healthy ten month old but along the way Kelly posted about another family in need of prayer and I got sucked in there as well.

The family I am talking about is that of one year old Stellan McKinney,
who's mom, Jennifer, is an AWESOME blogger (follow her blog here). Stellan was diagnosed with Supra Ventricular Tachycardia (SVT - Very high heart rate) while in utero and has struggled with it off an on for his first year of life. Two weeks ago he had an episode of SVT that almost cost him his life and yesterday he had his second surgery to try to correct the problem.

Let me just say that those friends who gave me heck for putting sad baby links on my sidebar are the same friends who spent yesterday praying with me and crying with me as Stellan underwent a SUCCESSFUL ablation that will cure his SVT. (See friends, you're hooked! But aren't you glad?)

GOD IS GOOD! Stellan is still struggling with infection and a couple of other problems as a result of yesterday's surgery, but hopefully the worst part is behind them. Get well soon, Stellan, we're all pulling for you!


1 comment:

Bek said...

Well, to be fair, I was following McMamma waaaay before I saw that you were too...but I totally cop to being depressed by some of the other blogs. LOL But I'll admit to being right there with you crying tears of joy over Stellan yesterday! :) I *do* like happy endings... :)