Friday, March 19, 2010

Thursday thru Sunday - Los Angeles

I'm embarrassed ot say that I don't have any pictures from this part of the trip! Can you believe it???

The last few days of our vacation was spent in Los Angeles visiting Great Grandma and Aunt Pam, and getting dresses in line for my cousin's July wedding which the kids and I are in. We arrived in LA late Thursday night and went straight to our hotel where we were supposed to have adjoining rooms with my parents. When we checked in we were told that we'd requested adjacent rooms, NOT adjoining rooms (REALLY!?! Because adjacent is a word that I use QUITE often, right?). We were a little ticked but went to our 'adjacent' rooms and went to bed.

The next morning we got up, talked to the front desk staff about moving to adjoining rooms, ate breakfast and headed to Grandma's. Mom and I spent time visiting with Grandma, the kids played with Grandma's caretaker, and the guys worked on various projects that Grandma needed done around the house. After lunch the 'girls' went to David's Bridal while the guys continued working. I think B was ticked that I left and ended up being gone for so long, but after spending 3 hours at David's Bridal I am 100% convinced that I did the right thing by looking at dresses with Mom, and NOT with B. He'd have been ready to go after the first 15 minutes (if he lasted that long) and would not have been readily available (and willing) to hook and unhook bras, zip and unzip dresses and repeatedly return to the racks for different sizes and styles. Ladies, YOU understand what I'm talking about, RIGHT?

We went back to Grandma's, ate dinner, and returned to our hotel where once again we were assured we'd have adjoining rooms waiting for us. HA! No such luck. The woman who'd switched our rooms that morning had failed to communicate the switch to the night staff, and my parent's room had been given to someone else. The staff hurried to find us a different, suitable rooms, and we FINALLY got settled for the night (the also gave us a coupon for 6 free $14 breakfasts at the hotel which was nice, although didn't fully make up for their incompetency).

Saturday was pretty much a repeat of Friday with the exception of the room mishaps and this time we only spent TWO hours at David's Bridal, instead of three. We took my Grandma and aunt with us on Saturday so that they could see the dresses that my cousin had picked for the bridesmaids and flower girls then we took them to shop for shower and wedding gifts.

We tried to get to bed fairly early Saturday night, as we wanted to be on the road by 7am on Sunday in order to make it home in time for a dinner at church that was raising funds for the Mexico Mission trip that B will be attending in a few weeks. While we didn't make it to bed early Saturday, we DID manage to be on the road very close to 7am and we DID make it home in time for the dinner.

We were all exhausted but it was a GREAT trip and we're already planning for next year! We can't wait, can you?


1 comment:

Mark said...

I enjoyed reading this 'travelogue'. Nice.