Monday, March 1, 2010

Substitute Teacher


B has decided that he wants to go into teaching and because of that, he's decided that getting some experience as a substitute teacher is a great idea (I must say I agree!). Yesterday the administrator of the kids' school approached him and asked if he could sub Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. They worked out arrangements for Little A to join a different class for the extra days and for both kids to go to Lunch Bunch (the kids were beyond thrilled!) and all was set.

B was pretty nervous about his first sub job, and even more so because he was going into this with absolutely NO experience (unless you count a week of VBS last summer and raising two kids), but he held his head high and jumped right in. The job today was a 1st/2nd grade combo class (6 students) at a private school.

At 10:29 am I received this text:

"So far, so good. They are acting just like I expected them to. Been asked about my hair and told that I smell like Uncle Perry."

Uncle Perry, huh? My coworkers and I had a great time with this one! We were taking bets on whether Uncle Perry was a rotting corpse or had awesome cologne.

I replied:

"Glad to hear it's going okay. LOL Who's Uncle Perry?"

This was his response:

"One of the girl's uncles. I asked her if he smelled good or bad, she said bad."

(For the record, when B and I switched cars today I took a good, long whiff of him and he does NOT smell like anything. The girl was just being a 7 year old girl.)

B said he had a good time and really enjoyed it! I guess his 1st day on the job went as well as could be expected from 1st and 2nd graders with a substitute, huh? I can't wait to see what tomorrow holds!


No comments: