Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bucket List

Until the movie The Bucket List with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman, I had never heard the term. I haven't made a bucket list, really don't give it much thought usually, but today I got an email titled "Bucket List". The list is not really so much a bucket list, as a list of things you may or may not have done in your lifetime, but I thought it would be fun to share with you the things that I have done and fun to see what you all have done!

Directions: Place an 'x' by all the things you've done and remove the 'x' from the things you haven't done.

(x) Shot a gun
(x) Went on a blind date
(x) Skipped school
( ) Watched someone die
( ) Been to Alaska
(x) Been to Canada
( ) Been to Florida
(x) Been to Las Vegas
(x) Been to New York
( ) Been to Europe
(x) Been to Mexico
(x) Been on a plane
(x) Been on a ship
( ) Served on a jury
( ) Been lost
(x) Been on the other side of the country
(x) Been to Washington DC
(x) Swam in the ocean
(x) Cried yourself to sleep
( ) Played cops and robbers
( ) Played cowboys and Indians
(x) Recently colored with crayons
( ) Sang karaoke
(x) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't
(x) Made prank phone calls
(x) Laughed until some type of beverage came out your nose
( ) Caught a snowflake on your tongue
( ) Danced in the rain
(x) Written a letter to Santa Claus
(x) Been kissed under the mistletoe
(x) Watched the sunrise with someone
(x) Blown bubbles
( ) Gone ice skating
(x) Gone snow skiing
(x) Slept out under the stars
(x) Seen something so beautiful it took your breath away
(x) Are or have been married
(x) Have children
(x) Have a pet
(x) Gone skinny dipping
(x) Been fishing
(x) Been boating
(x) Been water skiing
(x) Been hiking
(x) Been camping
(x) Flown in a small 4-seat airplane
( ) Been skydiving
( ) Flown in a hot air balloon
( ) Bungee jumped
( ) Gone to a drive-in movie
( ) Done something that should have killed you
(x) Done something that you will probably regret for the rest of your life

As for my TRUE 'bucket list', the things I want to be sure are on it are to travel more, to spend as much time with my family (both immediate and extended) as I can, to watch my children grow up and have children of their own, and most importantly to continue to grow in my faith. While many of those other things might be fun, I don't see any of them as absolute necessity.

So... What's on YOUR bucket list???


1 comment:

Bek said...

I'm mostly intrigued that someone else's bucket list included "watch someone die". LOL ;)