Thursday, March 18, 2010

Tuesday thru Thursday - San Diego, CA


The second leg of our trip took us over some hills and through the desert (a beautiful but lonely drive along desolate Old Route 66) to San Diego where we visited the Wild Animal Park and Legoland. I believe I said this already, but I HIGHLY recommend both places (although I would not visit either in the summer)!

I'll apologize here, because the rest of the post is mostly pictures. If you follow me on Facebook, you've already seen these. For the rest of you, please enjoy living vicariously through our pictures. I would have LOVED to share more (after all, I have over 200 pics from our trip), but I'm sure I'm much more interested in them than most people and a large chunk of them are pictures of the animals at the Wild Animal Park.

I just LOVE this picture...


The tickets at the Wild Animal Park include unlimited rides on the carousel and the Journey Through Africa tram. I think we rode the carousel four times, each time choosing a different animal to ride on (except for B who rode in the spinning bird's nest every time but one)!

This is a view of a portion of the Wild Animal Park from a sky deck in the park. It's BEAUTIFUL!

B and Big A fed the lorakeets. Little A told me she wanted to do it, but started SCREAMING as soon as she saw that they actually land on you.

All in all it was a beautiful day at the Wild Animal Park. We had a couple of small showers pass overhead but the weather was nice other than that. When we left the park we used Myrtle (our GPS) and mom's iPhone to find a pizza place for dinner. We settled on Soprano's pizza which was a few miles away. The service was awful and I didn't think the food was great but everyone else enjoyed it. After dinner I wanted ice cream but we tried three or four different places (again using Myrtle and the iPhone) and were unsuccessful in finding any place that was still open so we went back to our hotel room and had Girl Scout Cookies instead. Oh well! It's not like I REALLY need ice cream.
The next morning we got up and at 'em and headed to Legoland. My only complaint about Legoland is that they charge for children 3 and up yet the majority of the rides require you to be 4 to ride them. This was a bummer because I was constantly looking for rides for Little A to ride while Big A was able to ride just about everything.

Getting ready to watch Bob The Builder in 4-D

Little A wanted to get her face painted. I am SURE that I have this SAME picture of me when I was her age. I LOVE it!

There are a few rides where people on the outside can squirt you with water while you're riding. Big A LOVED being on the outside of the fence squirting people. I guess he didn't mind that they were squirting him back!

We LOVED Legoland and could have spent another day there, but alas we had to move on to Los Angeles to visit Great Grandma. Once again we used Myrtle and the iPhone to find Harbor Fish Cafe, a tiny cafe sitting right on the Pacific Ocean. We had a good dinner, great conversation with the wait staff and hit the road!
Stay tuned for the final leg of our trip... LA!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of big A and the birds, and big A squirting the boaters, and little A's face painting. Oh, yes, and BTW, you forgot about the Bailey's with the Girl Scout cookies!!!! Great vacation - great family! :) Thanks for blogging.