Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Fly On The Wall...

I love working in the kitchen and listening to the kids while they fight and argue play. You hear some of the strangest things!

This afternoon I was making lasagna. Little A came in and told me she had to go to the bathroom. I said, "Okay, go ahead. You're a big girl."

She went in and attended to her business, singing the ENTIRE time!

"Twinkle twinkle little star, H I J K L M N O P."

"Open and shut them, open and shut them, give a little clap clap clap. Open and shut them, open and shut them, fold them in your lap."

"Toilet paper is so great to me, I don't have any soap. It unrolls and I love toilet paper...."

_______________________________________
A few minutes later the kids were playing neighbors. Big A was going over to Little A's house. He knocked on the door and when she answered I heard, "Hi! I'm here! I brought my dog, my water bottle and these two bombs."
(Editor's note... While it sounded VERY odd, I knew what he was talking about. Last night we were at a silent auction and kids' raffle and Big A won some water bombs for the pool.)
_______________________________________
They'd moved on to playing boat (I have NO idea, but they have the GREATEST imaginations!). One would get off the boat and go on a date with their boyfriend or girlfriend while one stayed on the boat, then they'd switch. At one point Little A climbed into the 'driver's seat'. Big A ran over and said, "That's not how you drive, you Little Twinkle! Is that what the GPS is TELLING you to do???"
Ahhh... I love my kids. I don't know what I've done differently today than any other day, but I've been told at LEAST three times what a wonderful mommy I am, and it's not even because they want something! There's something about hearing that from a 3 year old and a 5 year old that just melts your heart.

No comments: