Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Lesson In Animals And Meats


This afternoon the kids and I were headed to In-N-Out for lunch. On the way we were discussing what each of us was going to order. Big A said, "I want a hamburger with just ketchup."

Me - "But this is In-N-Out. I though you liked everything on your burger here?"

Big A - "Oh, yeah. But no onions."

Me - "Right. No onions and no cheese, but sauce and lettuce and tomatoes."

Big A - "And HAM!"

Me - "OH! I see it's time for a lesson in animals and meat. Well yes, hamburger, but it's not ham. Did you know that?"

Big A - "It's not?"

Me - "Nope! Okay... Where does chicken come from?"

Big A - "Chickens!"

Me - "Yes, chickens. Hamburgers are made from beef. Do you know where beef comes from?"

Big A - "BEEFERS!"

Me (laughing) - "Beefers, huh?"

After we all had a good laugh about the beefers, and knowing full well that the kids had NO understanding of what I was saying and were not going to listen because they were too caught up on the beefers, I told them that ham was actually pork and asked where pork came from.

Big A quickly answered, "PORCUPINES!"


No comments: