Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sometimes Life's Not Fair


Today B and I did something extremely difficult. Today we attended a memorial service for the 20 year old son of a friend of ours. Let me just put it to you simply... KIDS. SHOULDN'T. DIE. There, I said it.

Memorials are never easy, but come on... Let's face it... It's much 'easier' to accept the passing of an eighty or ninety year old grandfather who lived a full, happy life, is it not? But a kid? I know God has a plan for this young man, but it's still not easy.

There's one thing that keeps running through my mind... While this family should have been deciding who would bring the yams to Thanksgiving dinner, they were deciding which pictures to display at their son's/nephew's/friend's memorial service. There's something just not right about that.

And I know... I KNOW that people die every day, every hour, every minute...

And I know that life isn't always fair...

But I just needed to vent...

So thank you...



No comments: