Monday, November 29, 2010

Easy (and I mean EASY) Chicken Bake

Tonight seemed to get away from me after going non-stop ALL day. I had grand plans to get a ton of stuff done, but not much of it happened. What I DID accomplish was getting the house decorated for Christmas and another sweep through the kids' room organizing, recycling and purging with the promise of a surprise for them when they wake up in the morning if we got it done. We did, and they will wake to a Christmas tree in their room tomorrow morning.

When we finished their room it was well after 5:00pm and I didn't have time to make the dinner I'd planned on making (of course I'd PLANNED on making it between picking up Little A and going to get Big A) so I was frantically searching the cupboards (which I managed to clean and organize while dinner was cooking! I guess I actually I DID accomplish a few things today!) looking for something to make. I found a box of Stove Top Stuffing and started reading the back where I found a recipe for Easy Chicken Bake. It said it took 10 minutes to prep and 30 minutes to bake so what the heck!?

* 1 pkg (6 oz) Stove Top Stuffing
* 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
* 1 can (10-3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup (I used cream of mushroom)
* 1/3 cup Sour Cream
* 1 bag (16 oz) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed, drained


Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare stuffing mix as directed on package; set aside. Mix chicken, soup, sour cream and vegetables in 13x9-inch baking dish; top with the stuffing. Bake 30 min or until chicken is cooked through. VIOLA! DINNER!

(This picture is from the Kraft website)


And it was pretty tasty! Big A didn't like it because he has a thing about stuffing (which I'd forgotten about) but Little A, who is the one I THOUGHT would throw a fit, actually ate most of hers. You never can tell with kids!




No comments: