Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Pumpkin Crisp And Pure Cuteness


Every year around this time a woman I used to work with would bring in a dessert that she called Pumpkin Custard Squares. I LOVED them. They were SO good and for years I searched for a recipe for something similar. I now have two different recipes, one of which I believe is hers and one that I found on this blog last fall.

Big A is quite a fan of pumpkin flavored anything (bread, scones, pie, etc.) so for Halloween I decided to make Pumpkin Crisp which of course, he loves!

Bottom:

1 package yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup butter melted

Pumpkin Layer:

1 can pumpkin puree (29 ounce)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup white sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk

Topping:

3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup softened butter

1. Preheat oven to 350. Set aside 1 cup cake mix for the topping. Combine remaining cake mix, 1 egg, and melted butter or margarine. Pat into a 9x13 inch baking pan.

2. In a large bowl, mix pumpkin, 2 eggs, spices, 1/2 cup sugar, and milk. Pour pumpkin mixture over the cake mix crust.

3. In a small bowl, combine 1 cup cake mix and 3/4 cup sugar. Cut in 1/2 cup softened butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle mixture on top of pumpkin mixture.

4. Bake at 350 degrees 55 minutes.
I personally think they're best served with whipped cream or Cool Whip, but maybe that's just me... ENJOY!

_________________________________________
And just because I can't resist pure cuteness, this is what I found when I went to tuck the kids in before I went to bed last night...

No comments: