Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday


Black Friday... Does anyone ever wonder why it's called Black Friday? I did, but during a conversation at dinner tonight, with a husband who spent many years working in retail, I now have that answer. Yes, I suppose I could have googled it, but letting someone else do the work for me is MUCH easier... Especially after spending fourteen hours shopping today!

Yes, I got up at 3:30am and hit the sales. My original plan was to hit Kohl's at 3am, Target at 4am and finally Best Buy at 5am but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that what I needed at Kohl's could wait until later as long as I was there before 1pm, and that in reality, Target was my most important stop. So... At 4:30am, armed with my lists and my coupons, I headed out into the freezing darkness.
I arrived at Target around 4:40am and began my search for a parking place followed by my search for a cart. Actually, the parking lot was pretty full and there were NO carts available, but I saw someone pulling out in the row right in front of the door, pulled into that spot and approached a family unloading their cart which they happily allowed me to take away and then began my search for my $67 Wii Fit. As luck would have it there were THREE left and I was able to get one. WHEW! That was the only thing I really cared about this fine Black Friday.

While at Target I picked up a scooters for the kids, some presents for Grandma and Grandpa to give all of the grandkids, and a birthday present for B then waited in line for an hour to check-out. I was awarded $60 in Target gift cards for my troubles! Not bad!
After a trip to Starbucks I headed to Kohl's where I picked up a few more gifts for the kids, some things that mom needed for other people, and a few odds and ends of shirts and jammies for cold weather. By then I felt that I'd accomplished MOST of what I'd set out to do today but I hadn't gotten to Best Buy and I didn't' really feel like going there, I felt like meeting up with my mom and my aunt and shopping with them... MUCH. MORE. FUN. I really can't stand Best Buy.
Call me a slacker, but when B called I told him what I was getting him for Christmas, and told him to go to Best Buy and get it. Bad wife, I know! But he was so happy with the gift that he didn't mind doing it himself.... Except that they were out. Lucky for me, they had a similar one available online and we ordered it. Again... WHEW!

I spent the remainder of today shopping with my mom and my aunt and we had a GREAT time and accomplished SO much! It was a day full of fun and laughter and we were all EXHAUSTED by the time we got home.

"Does this purse make my neck look long?"

"Here comes Amy Clause!"

Good night!


No comments: