Sunday, November 21, 2010

Happy 6th Birthday, Big A!!!

*SIGH* I can't believe my 'baby' boy is turned six today... What's a mom to do?

Big A started his day with cinnamon rolls and chocolate milk followed by donuts and juice at our Sunday School party. What a way to start the day!





After church we headed over to Grandma and Grandpa's where we had Big A's party parties. Yes, you read that correctly, I said PARTIES (plural). You see, Big A has TONS of friends. He wanted to invite his ENTIRE class (20 kids) as well as 6 other friends and five families. That was just a TAD BIT overwhelming for me, so I suggested that we do a friend party with cupcakes and games and a family party with pizza and cake, and he went for it.

The weekend forecast had promised rain and I was bummed that it would be the first time it had rained the day of Big A's birthday party, but God did not disappoint! The weather was BEAUTIFUL! It was cold, but sunny and the ground had dried enough from the night before that the kids had a blast running in the field, playing on the swing set, playing in the barn and just being kids!

I'd learned in years past, that the kids much prefer running and playing to stopping for organized games, so we limited it to one organized game, Musical Carpet Squares (Big A's new favorite game) which was a perfect transition from outside play to cupcakes and gifts.

Molly made these AWESOME cupcakes (THANKS, MOLLY!) for the party and they were a HUGE hit. She made something like 72 cupcakes and when all was said and done, there were THREE left! People wanted to take them home to dads and siblings and I was fine with it. I'm glad they enjoyed them so much! (As a side note, Molly even dressed as Jessie for the party. TOO CUTE! We heart Molly!)

After cupcakes we opened gifts... And gifts... And gifts! We went from having no Toy Story stuff to having a plethora (there's my big word for the day) of Toy Story stuff and we love it all and play with it all... Thanks, Everyone!



And at that point it was time to bid farewell to the school friends and open the doors for the family party... We finished the evening with two sets of grandparents, five families, six pizzas, two cakes (our friend, Michelle, shares Big A's birthday!), a few more presents and a TON of fun!

Molly made this awesome Etch-A-Sketch cake for the family party and I made Michelle the lemon cake (twice). I've been having oven issues lately!





Talk about a LONaG day! And I still have muffins to make for Big A's class party! YIKES! Oh well... My boy is worth it!

Happy Birthday, Big A! We love you so much and look forward every day to watching you grow and become the young man you're becoming.


No comments: