Saturday, October 16, 2010

Shot Through The Heart Ear

A few months ago (Goodness... It could be almost a year ago...) I took Little A to get a haircut and they gave her jewel stickers for her ears. She was SOOO excited! She took one look at them and said, "Now I have earrings like GRANDMA!" At that point I realized that I wanted her to get her ears pierced but B wasn't convinced.

Every once in awhile I'd bring it up to B, but he still kept saying no. I was bummed... I kept seeing cute earrings, Little A kept asking, etc., but to no avail.

We were walking through the outlet mall on Saturday and I saw
Claire's. I half jokingly said to B, "Wanna get Little A's ears pierced?"

He gave me a sideways glance, picked up Little A and said, "Little A, let's go look in here."

And then it happened.... He asked her if she wanted to get her ears pierced and of course she said yes! YEAH!

There was ONE MINOR PROBLEM... They only had one working gun. Now those of you who've gotten kids' ears pierced before know that it's better to get them both done at once so I was a little tiny bit nervous that we'd be leaving Claire's with only one earring...

Ready to go...

Cleaning the ears...

Marking the spot...

Oh, this is NOT going well... She's already starting to cry and the first one isn't even all the way in yet...

And now she's downright pissed! This is NOT looking good for getting a second one in!

After a lot of coaxing and promises of treats and rides, and while I held the screaming, wiggling, child in my arms, the nice lady was able to get the second one in. Thank God for her steady hands! That could NOT have been easy!

But she did it...

And the world is good!

And guess what? She LOVES them and she's HAPPY and she looks BEAUTIFUL! I'm SO proud of her!


No comments: