Sunday, October 3, 2010

Church, Kaiser And Cooking...

YEP! That about sums up our day!

This morning we drug ourselves out of bed and headed to church. Don't get me wrong, I love going to church but this morning I was tired and could have easily stayed in my jammies and lounged around all day. I'm glad I made myself go. I'm always happy once I'm up and moving it's just the act of getting going that is difficult. Besides... Had I NOT made it to church I'd have had seven Sunday School students with no teacher. That would have been bad.

During Sunday School Little A started complaining (or maybe she continued complaining) about her ear and actually asked me to call the doctor. We'd taken her in last week for the same complaint but there was no infection. The doctor had started her on drops in case the infection was in the ear canal, but 5 1/2 days into the 7 day drops, she was still complaining so back to Kaiser we went while B and Big A went to Grandma and Grandpa's to work on the car.

This doctor confirmed that there was no infection and started looking further to try to determine where the pain was coming from. She felt up and down Little A's neck and found that a couple of her lymph nodes were swollen. She was going to start her on antibiotics but then she found that Little A also had a strained muscle in her neck which she said could have happened during play or from sleeping funny on it. We decided to hold off on the antibiotics and try heat, massage and Motrin first. We've been doing that for two days now but it's impossible to tell with an almost 4 year old, what's real and what's for attention. We'll see!

After Kaiser Little A and I delivered flowers to our friend for her birthday and ran home to fix dinner. I must say.... I LOVE LOVE LOVE my kids, but it was SO nice just spending time with Little A. I think she enjoyed it too! She loved helping fix dinner and playing princess just with Mommy.

We made chili (I'll post the recipe - Grandma and Grandpa said it's the best chili they've had!), corn bread muffins, cantaloupe and chocolate chip cookies.




Overall we had an enjoyable, relaxing but busy, Sunday.



No comments: