Sunday, October 24, 2010

First Annual Children's Youth Group Halloween Party


Did I forget to mention that I'm the new Children's Youth Group leader? I did?? Sorry!

Guess what?!?! I'm the new Children's Youth Group leader (preschool - 5th grade) at our church! This means that I am responsible for Sunday School as well as planning a social or service event for the kids each month. Because I 'officially' started the assignment in October, it seemed obvious that our VERY FIRST EVENT would be a Halloween party.

I didn't have too long to pull the party together, but with the help of a few close friends, the Internet, and a generous donation from Trader Joe's, the party was a success! We had crafts, cupcake and pumpkin decorating, tattoos, games, snacks and costumes and I think everyone had a good time. Twenty-one kids isn't a bad turn out for our first event considering that on any given Sunday we only have 5-8 kids in Sunday School.


I'm excited about my new undertaking and I'm looking forward to being able to grow both the Sunday School program and the Children's Youth Group. Next month we're having a Pilgrim and Indian Harvest Party. I can't wait!

No comments: