Thursday, October 28, 2010

C Is For Cookie...

A couple of weeks ago my friend texted and asked if I'd make sugar cookies for the school carnival. ME? SUGAR COOKIES? This is terrible, but when it comes to cookies, if I can't break them and bake them, they probably aren't coming out of my kitchen. Sad, right? But really.... Whoever invented that stuff is GENIUS!

Anyhow, I digress... So my friend called and asked me to bake sugar cookies and she assured me that they didn't care what KIND of cookies they were, as long as they were sugar cookies. I agreed to make 2 dozen cookies and had B pick up and extra package of dough so that the kids could decorate some cookies at home!

Molly and the kids baked the cookies this afternoon, and tonight the kids decorated them. We used food coloring and plastic bags, knives and bowls. We made a HUGE mess, but we had a great time!

Of course the kids each had to taste one to make sure they were worthy of delivering to our friends and once the cookies passed the test, we were off. We delivered cookies to four families and would have LOVED to do more but we were out of cookies. BOO!

We had a fun evening and I look forward to doing it again soon. I wish I were more of a baker, but oh well!













No comments: