Monday, October 4, 2010

Chili Recipe

As promised, here's the recipe I used for chili. It is SUPER quick and SUPER simple! The basic recipe is like the one on the packet of seasoning mix, but when I have a good start I like to stray from recipe and bulk it up a bit. I guess this one was successful!

2 lbs ground beef
2 packets McCormick Chili Seasoning
2 15 oz cans S & W Kidney Beans (undrained)
2 16 oz cans of Bush's Chili Beans in Mild Sauce (undrained)
4 14.5 oz cans of S & W Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes (undrained)
Cheddar Cheese

Brown the ground beef in a large pot. Drain the fat and add the two packets of seasoning. (I can't remember if the packet says to add water, or not. If it does, then add it.) Pour in the remaining ingredients and mix it all together. Serve with cheddar cheese.

I ended up simmering the chili on the stove for an hour, but you don't have to. As soon as it's heated through, it's ready to eat. It was good on Sunday, but I actually liked it even better last night as leftovers!


No comments: