Sunday, October 17, 2010

Family + Friends = FUN!


Tonight we had Sunday dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's and invited some good friends. We had PLANNED on going to the pumpkin patch in the afternoon then having dinner after carving pumpkins, but the pesky rain foiled THAT plan so we ended up just getting together for dinner.

I made a big pot of Leek Soup (Yes, I'll give you the recipe. Thanks for asking.) and two loaves of garlic bread and our friends brought appetizers, salad and dessert. We didn't want mom to have to do ANYTHING but relax and enjoy the company. For the record, I don't think it worked. I kept telling her, "I can do that," but she kept wanting to help. Thanks, Mom!

The kids played in the barn and the back room then went for a Gator ride with Grandpa while the adults visited and watched baseball. It was a fun evening and I can't wait to do it again!

At the end of the evening, as we were packing up to head home and my kids were putting their jammies on, I called them in to brush their teeth. Big A lets me try one time a day (although I often can con him into letting me try more often) to pull his tooth out. After I brushed his teeth I got my tissue ready for my one try. He opened his mouth, I stuck my tissue in and VOILA!

Two down, eighteen to go! I guess the Tooth Fairy will be visiting our house again tonight!

No comments: