Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What's Up With Little A?


Good question! If anyone knows, please clue me in!

It amazes me how she can go from this....


To this...


In less than sixty seconds!

Little A has been going through a separation anxiety phase lately. It started a couple of months ago with her asking me every night if I was going to work the next day. As soon as I told her I was, the tears would start. It has now grown into crying ALL the time (But only with me and daddy... She's an ANGEL for Grandma.) and never wanting to leave us. The girl won't even go upstairs by herself at night without a fight. I love her to death, but it's driving me NUTS!

I think part of it has to do with my 4 10s schedule and the fact that I don't see the kids much at night, and of course that makes me feel guilty, but I'm still loving my Mondays off and taking the kids to school, picking them up, etc. It's been a busy time of year with soccer, school starting, and meetings, so hopefully we'll eventually find a routine and be able to stick with it. Perhaps a good, solid routine will help the situation.

In the meantime, wish me luck! I know being cranky with her makes the situation worse, but I also don't want to cater to her meltdowns for fear that it will become a learned behavior and will never stop. *SIGH* It's tough being a mom!


No comments: