Monday, September 13, 2010

A Cabin With A View

So here you have it... My last post about the cabin trip...

I've shared what we did, how relaxing it was, how much we loved it, and now it's time to share the surrounding area.

Just a mile or two from the cabin is the entrance to
Castle Crags State Park which is nestled in the hillside along the Sacramento River at the base of the beautiful rock formations known as 'The Crags'. While you can't actually see The Crags from the cabin, you can walk just a few feet down the road and have a PERFECT view!

Mount Shasta stands grand and tall in front of you as you drive up I-5. Again, you can't see this from the cabin but a few feet up the road you have a great view. I envy the people who live along the cabin road year round!

And finally, Black Butte, a parasitic satellite cone of Mt. Shasta. While it's a chore to climb Mt. Shasta, climbing Black Butte will still offer some beautiful views and the trail is only 2.5 miles long!

There you have it... The entire surrounding area is just as beautiful as the cabin itself.

So... Until next time, I'll just look at my pictures and D R E A M...


No comments: