Sunday, September 12, 2010

Headwaters Of The Sacramento River

Have you ever thought about where rivers start? I mean, we know that most rivers flow into oceans, lakes and reserviors, but do you know where rivers begin? Maybe you do, but I, for one, had never thought of it before... Rivers just are!

On our trip to the cabin, Dad and B mentioned that the Sacramento River begins in a park near Mt. Shasta so of course we all wanted to go see this.

Yep... It just bubbles RIGHT out of the ground!

And there it goes....

Down a mini waterfall and off on it's 400+ mile journey to the Pacific Ocean by way of Suisun Bay...

And Grandma, LIttle A, and Big A will tell you just how C-C-C-COLD that water is when it first comes out of the ground...

It may have been cold, but it sure made a beautiful backdrop for pictures!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And to think, I can stand in Old Sacramento and watch the river roll by. Right now, though, I am in SF watching people trek to the AT&T park for a game between the Giants and the Dodgers. I couldn't help adding that after I noticed your bio says you cheer for them. We have an apartment just a few blocks from the stadium.