Friday, September 10, 2010

R E L A X A T I O N ! ! !

Ah, nature... This is the view I enjoyed while sitting on the deck sipping my coffee every morning at the cabin. BEAUTIFUL, and SO peaceful! There were birds (mostly blue jays) and squirrels all over and the occasional osprey and eagle would fly up the river's path.


Remember I said that Mom and I stayed at the cabin while the others went Lake Siskiyou? Well this is what we did ALL day! Read and talked and talked and read and watched the birds and squirrels and osprey and talked and talked and read and talked. I'm having a hard time being home after enjoying myself SO much at the cabin!

We DID get up off our butts venture out at one point in the late afternoon to see if we could find the walking path to Sweetbriar, the next little town (more like a map dot) to the south. We walked down the road and found the foot bridge across the river, but once we started up the 'path' to Sweetbriar, which was actually a fire road in the middle of nowhere, and didn't really know where we were going, we decided it wasn't very safe and we headed back to the cabin to do this....

Those of you who have been with me on the kitchen floor before know EXACTLY what was in those cups.

We also collected some river rocks for Mom's yard. She likes to collect different river rocks from various places for decorating. Oh... And then we relaxed some more until the troops came back with the fishing poles so that I could try my luck. All I caught was a tree!
I can't wait to go back again!

And that, my friends, concludes the relaxation post... Until next time!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to go when you go back!!