Monday, September 6, 2010

Birthdays And Cabins And Bears, OH MY!


35.... WOW! I can't believe how quickly time passes the older I get. It seems like just yesterday I was walking down the driveway with my mom, garbage cans in the old wheelbarrow, and she told me about she and my father were getting a divorce... Just yesterday I met my dad... Just yesterday I started sixth grade at a new school... Just yesterday I started high school and just yesterday mom and I were driving up the road towards home discussing how quickly those four years of high school would pass... And wasn't it just yesterday that I met B, we got married and our first son was born? WOW, yesterday was a busy day! I wonder what's in store for me today and tomorrow?

But yes, 35. That's how old I turned on Friday. I received an outpouring of love from family and friends in the form of cards, Facebook messages and posts, texts, and gifts. Thank you, everyone! You made my day!



Yesterday my birthday roses came. This is a tradition that my mom started when I turned 1 and a tradition that we started with Little A when she turned 1. This year she had them delivered to me at work because I spend so much time here! We figured I'd enjoy them more here than I would at home. Thanks, Mom and Dad!

Okay... So you're probably wondering about the REST of the post title, huh? We spent last weekend at a
cabin in Castella (between Lake Shasta and Mt. Shasta) with my parents. The cabin was RIGHT on the Sacramento River and surrounded by nature. It was AWESOME! I want to share more about the trip and share my pictures, but there are over 150 pictures so I need to break up the posts so you're not bombarded. As for the bears? It's just a teaser! It's bear country, for sure, but we didn't see any. BOO!

No comments: