Monday, February 8, 2010

Practice Makes Perfect


Lately I've been feeling guilty that Little A doesn't know her letters yet or how to spell her name. I may be wrong, but it seems like at this point, Big A knew all of his letters (the more I think about it the more I'm sure I'm wrong, but still...). I have wanted to sit down and work with her, and this afternoon we had the perfect opportunity!

We had a bit of down time before heading to a friends' house for dinner so we played Pictueka and iPod and then it dawned on me! It was a perfect time to work with Little A! I went online, found practice writing sheets, printed the 'A' sheet, and off she went!

She was SOOO into it!


And she was a natural!

Big A decided that he wanted to practice letters, too, so he wrote the alphabet.
I know he can write his letters, but I was amazed at how well he did!
Then Big A decided to 'chalk'. He was writing one letter of the alphabet at a time and having me look at them. The next thing I knew he'd written 'in' and was calling my attention to that. I asked him what it spelled and he sounded it out. I used the opportunity to have him read some words so I put a letter in front of the 'in' and he read bin, fin, pin, sin and win.

When Big A was finished and had moved on to something else, Little A took her place at the chalk board and impressed me with a bunch more As!

Keep up the good work, kids! Practice makes perfect! You'll be reading and writing in no time!



No comments: