Thursday, February 4, 2010

Don't Drink And Drive!


On Tuesday after work I was talking to our babysitter about what she'd done over the weekend. Amongst other things, she'd attended a birthday party for one of her friends. She was telling me, "I did a couple of shots with the birthday boy then the boys came and picked me up."

At the word 'shots', Big A's ears perked up. "What are shots?"

The sitter and I looked at each other and I said, "Sodas. She had a couple of sodas." I just wasn't in the mindset to explain shots to my five year old.

Big A - "Oh... But you didn't drive afterwards?"

Sitter - "No, I didn't drive. The boys picked me up."

Big A - "Good! Don't drink and drive because when you do that you drive CRAZY!"

Sitter - "Yes, you're right."

Big A - "Sometimes I drink a glass of milk and then I go drive my little Gator and I drive CRAZY! But it's only in Grandpa's field, so it's okay!"

And with that I buried my head in my sweatshirt so he wouldn't see me laughing. Guess he didn't QUITE understand that talk.

Let this be a lesson to you... Don't drink and drive, ESPECIALLY milk!


No comments: