Thursday, February 18, 2010

Confessions Of A Slacker Mom - Frogs

You may or may not know this about me, but I'm afraid of frogs... I mean REALLY afraid of frogs. I'll exterminate a spider in the house or trap a mouse... I can look at other bugs and snakes and fish and crawly things and be a little squeamish... But I. Hate. Frogs.

I guess my parents were on the list of people who had no idea about my dislike for frogs, although I'm not sure it would have made a difference if they DID know. For Christmas Grandma and Grandpa bought Big A a Frog-O-ScareSphere. That's right, friends... A little tank for aquatic frogs that would be kept IN MY HOUSE. I'm embarrassed to admit that I sat right on their couch and cried and shook when Big A opened it.

The
Frog-O-Sphere comes in a box with a set of rocks and a tank. You have to send away for the frogs, the bamboo and the living rocks or pick them up at Brookstone. A few days after Christmas Grandma picked up the frogs and took them to her house to set up the tank. In an effort to keep me from going completely crazy at the idea of lugging home two kids, all of their belongings, leftovers for B and a Frog-O-Sphere complete with frogs, my mom suggested that she bring the frogs home the next day when she picked Big A up from school and I willingly agreed.

The next day when Grandma picked Big A up from school the subject of the frogs somehow came up and Big A's teacher said she'd like to have them in the classroom for a week for the kids to look at. Well... A week turned into a month and a half and at the beginning of this week Big A finally started asking when the frogs could come home. B told him that if he got a green day, they could come home. (This is the ONE time that I prayed for red! Okay... I'm joking... But I wasn't sure about having those frogs home!) It took Big A 3 days, but the frogs finally came home today, and I'm adjusting.

Welcome home, Froggy and Swimmy, welcome home!


I know, I know... They're TINY, they're in an enclosed tank, they don't make noise, they can't get out, etc...

But I'm still afraid of frogs. So there you have it... Now you know...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

remember the dried up ball frog? or my attack frog outside my house? lol