Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mommies Can't Get Sick (Part II)...

But Kids Can... And kids do... And mine are...

I told you about Big A and his ear, but I failed to mention that Little A has been coughing for the past two and a half weeks. The reason I didn't mention this is because I'm so used to her coughing that it didn't really alarm me. Well... It didn't alarm me until her energy level dropped and she spiked a fever... And then it started to worry me just a little bit.

So this morning, after a LONG, sleepless night of coughing and gagging and coughing and making strange noises and coughing, I packed both kids up and took them to the doctor. Turns out that the ear that was bugging Big A on Friday which was NOT infected then, is quite infected now.

As for Little A? Well... My Mother's Intuition was right and I did the right thing by having her checked out. She's got walking pneumonia. It's nothing an antibiotic, a lot of rest and a lot of fluids won't cure, but she's feeling pretty awful.

We left the doctor's office, prescriptions in hand, dropped Big A off at school and headed to Target. Can you tell that Little A didn't feel well? Poor baby girl! (Notice the warm blankie, Auntie Ann??)

On the bright side, it appears as if my achiness yesterday is just going to be chalked up to exhaustion, and I'll take it! I've got to be strong and healthy so that I can help my little girl get strong and healthy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Sorry the kids are sick, hope they are better soon. And I am glad they
enjoy their blankets.

Love you all

Auntie A