Sunday, January 30, 2011

E Is For Exercise



E is also for EWWWW, which kind of describes how I feel about exercise... That being said, we're on a new kick in our house... We've been eating healthier and exercising more and you know what? It's not so bad!


I *HATE* the word 'diet'. I don't even like the words 'lifestyle change'. I don't WANT to change my life style per say. I refuse to believe that I'm on a diet and since I've been doing Weight Watchers, I don't feel like it's a diet. I am being completely honest when I tell you that I eat the same things now that I ate before, just in smaller portions (and sometimes not even!). That, and I track every single thing I put in my mouth (Okay, sometimes not diet coke, water or gum, but you get the idea...)... And I'm having success! So far I've lost 13 pounds!


Exercise... Yes, I've even been doing that. I work long hours, I have kids to take care of when I get home, I'm tired, I have to get dinner on the table, I have meetings, etc., etc., etc. It's not always easy to squeeze in time to exercise, but you know what? Wii Fit is AWESOME! I've been (almost) completely faithful about exercising at least five days a week, and at least 3 of those five days I exercise using Wii Fit. I do step aerobics, I run, I bike, I ski, I hula-hoop, I play with penguins, and all in the comfort of my own living room. You can't beat that!


So... If you've thought about trying to get healthier, why not give it a try? It's not so bad... Take it from one of the laziest people on Earth! And if you're looking for an exercise buddy or someone to swap recipe ideas with, let me know!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy, Congratulations on your weight loss and eating healthy. Have discovered Hungry Girl yet? Go to hungrygirl.com and sign up on her web page. You will get daily newsletters on new products, recipes, ect. Even fast food swap outs. She also has a TV show on the Cooking Channel. Take a look at it , She also works with WW. I really like both the TV show and the newsletter. Love you all Auntie Ann