Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Are You A 'REAL' Friend?

What does it mean to be a 'real' friend? Too often we meet people who we think are our friends and they turn out to not be 'real'. They turn on us, they hurt us, they only think about themselves, etc.

So what does it mean to be a 'real' friend? Merriam Webster Dictionary defines real as "not artificial, fraudulent, or illusory; genuine; being precisely what the name implies". Does that define you? Are you a REAL friend? Are you a REAL person?

I strive to be real in all that I do. I strive to be real as a spouse, mother, daughter, friend and person. With me, what you see is what you get.

Why are there so many people in this world who pretend to be something they're not? Why are there people who pretend to be your friend just to get something out of it? Why are there people who turn on you as soon as you say one wrong word but then pretend to be your friend again the next day? I don't get it... Thoughts? Ideas? Insights? Share them with me!

I am so thankful that I have so many real friends out there... You know who you are! I just want to say how much I appreciate you and cherish you! THANK YOU!


No comments: