Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Very Special Note

I hope you don't mind, but today I'm going to toot my own horn JUST a bit... I've been meaning to share this for quite some time, but it's just been so busy and there have been so many other things to blog about, that I simply haven't done it. I also was going to ask my dad if it's okay to share his words, but I'm just going to do it.

My dad often shares my blog with friends and encourages them to read certain posts. A while back he was sharing these
butterfly posts and one of his friends responded, marveling at my blog and it's content. He cc'ed me on his response to her, and I'd like to share it because it brought tears to my eyes. It was SUCH a nice response... So heartfelt and full of love, something that everyone, no matter how much they KNOW they are loved, needs to hear sometimes.

Hi,

My daughter, Amy, is an amazing woman. I don't know how she does all she does myself. She works four ten hour days. B, her husband works the swing shift sometimes not getting home until 2 or 3 AM. With two kids and being president of her town's mother's club she is a busy gal. That plus, being very active in her church (in charge of a large part of Vacation Bible School for example) and she still insists that her mom and I come each Sunday night for dinner at her house which she always cooks wonderfully. I could go on and on but you get the picture of this blogger, my daughter, of whom I am very proud.

I wish I could take some genetic credit for Amy, but I can't. I'm just glad that she adopted me when she was 9. She and I are good for each other and I am in constant awe of what she does, what a great and caring Mom she is, and how she lives her life. As you can see, I lover her very much.

J


I love you too, Dad... Thanks for being in my life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very true, I don't know how you do it all with a smile on your face :) I am very grateful to have you as a friend! -Tracie

Anonymous said...

That is one whale of a complement, You are very loved. and I can see why you are every thing he says you are. AMAZING!!!! Love you all Auntie A