Sunday, December 26, 2010

Post Christmas Hangover


Yeah, not really... But the title is intriguing, huh? I thought you'd like that!

Actually today was fairly low key except for the fact that just like braving the crowds the day after Thanksgiving and the day before Christmas, we did it to ourselves once again... Yes, we promised the kids that we'd take them out to spend their Christmas money and gift cards today and that's not something that is taken lightly. That money has been burning a hole in Big A's pocket since the first check came! (Little A is just as happy NOT spending it... Good girl!)

I'm one of those people who is excited about Christmas and loves Christmas but when it's over, it's over and that means that getting the decorations down and house back to normal was my top priority this morning. I made B and the kids stay upstairs and play while I packed away Christmas, assuring them that the more peace and quiet I had, the faster I could go and that the faster I got things put away, the sooner we could go shopping.

It worked! By one o'clock I had everything packed away and the house back to normal. We grabbed a bite to eat at In-N-Out and headed to Target. I hate dissuading the kids from buying what they really want, but Big A would have purchased 65 hot wheel cars if we'd let him, and our house just can't take that kind of volume. Seeing as how they'd JUST had four Christmases and a birthday (with one more of each to come) and I'd almost gotten all of the new stuff put away, we tried to guide them toward Wii games and movies with just one 'smallish' toy each.

Our plan was successful and we came home with a new Toy Story movie to complete our set, two new Wii games and only a couple of new toys. I'd say all in all today was a very successful day!

As much as I love Christmas, I'm sure glad it's over!


No comments: