Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Pecan Praline Bars


Sunday night at the church Christmas dinner, Big A and I were in line for dessert. We were talking to a friend in front of us and he was telling us about some cookies that were on the table. He said, "I call them death cookies, because she always brings them to funerals... So good... Butter and brown sugar and graham crackers..." He pointed out to me where the cookies were, and I tried them... YUM!

I knew that I had to find a recipe for these cookies, so when we got home I googled 'graham cracker brown sugar cookies' and all of the results came back 'Pecan Praline Bars'.


Pecan Praline Bars

Ingredients:


* 24 graham cracker squares
* 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
* 1/2 cup butter or margarine
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup pecans, chopped


Preparation:

Heat oven to 350°. Arrange graham crackers in single layer in ungreased 15x10x1-inch jelly roll pan. Heat brown sugar and margarine to boiling; boil and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over graham crackers, spreading evenly; sprinkle with pecans. Bake until bubbly, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cool slightly and cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator.

Enjoy! I, personally, think that they're best when they're cold.



No comments: