Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas - Take 2 (And 3)


Remember I said this is the weekend of Christmases? Yesterday we drove to Danville to visit my sister and brother-in-law and celebrate Christmas as their house. We attended church with them (Which was beautiful!) and then went to their house for dinner and gifts.

As a side note... There was a time, not so long ago, during which I felt uncomfortable in churches. I didn't have anything to hide or be ashamed of and really no reason to feel that way, but it all just felt so foreign... That is, until we joined our church. Now I find it fascinating to attend different churches and see how things are done in different religions and different churches. Last night's service featured three different choirs; The adult choir, an A Capella choir from a local high school, and the church's children's choir/bell ringers. TOO CUTE!

Chilling with Uncle Bob

My sister had recently purchased a new dog bed for their dog but she didn't want to let the dog use it until the rainy season is over and the dog is clean. (Sounds SO like something I would do!) The kids enjoyed trying it out to make sure that the dog would approve!
Once again we left laden with all sorts of goodies (and more fun stuff to put away). Thank you, Auntie Terri and Uncle Bob!


We arrived home VERY late last night (according to Big A it was the latest he's ever stayed up in his WHOLE life) but still drug ourselves out of bed for church today. It was a cold, rainy Sunday morning and as much as I'd have loved to stay in bed, I had a Sunday School class waiting for me.

After church we met Grandpa Jim and Sinda for lunch and Christmas number 3. Again, no pictures... What's WRONG with me??? And again we left with bags and baskets full of goodies... One thing we always look forward to is that bag of cracked walnuts... YUM! Thank you, Grandpa Jim and Sinda!

Two more Christmases to go... I CAN do this!


No comments: