Friday, June 11, 2010

Where's Waldo Bob?


Awhile back we were eating breakfast with some friends and I was trying to get one of the girls to sit next to me. In an attempt at reverse psychology, I told her she couldn't sit next to me because my friend, Bob, was sitting there. She asked where Bob was and, pointing to the chair next to me, I said, "He's right here. Can't you see him?" The kids all thought this was SO funny but apparently my plan backfired.

Nothing was said about Bob until the next time we ate breakfast with the same friends at the same restaurant. Bob made a return appearance, this time being a friend of the kids'. Ever since them, Bob has become the culprit of many unclaimed occurrences in our house. He takes toys out, he makes messes, etc.

Little A is the most frequent offender of the "Bob did it" club. Last week while she was at my mom's she came out with a good one. My dad had put her down for a nap, rubbed her back for a couple of minutes and come out and said to my mom, "She's asleep." Knowing what a great faker Little A is, mom didn't REALLY think she was asleep so she snuck down to the bedroom to prove herself correct. Sure enough Little A was sitting up in her bed with a big grin on her face.

Mom told her she needed to lay down and take a nap, and she obeyed. A few minutes later mom was making a phone call and in comes Little A insisting that she'd taken a nap already. Mom talked to her about lying and told her that if she lied she may have to have a consequence. She didn't like the consequence idea so she came clean and fessed up. "Okay.... Actually Bob took a nap already."

Much to my chagrin, the Bob thing has taken off in the WAY wrong direction... We're working on it! Live and learn, people... Live and learn!


No comments: