Thursday, June 3, 2010

A ??? In Sheep's Clothing


I walked in the door after a long day at work to find THIS on my kitchen counter....

I know, RIGHT!?!?!? I knew it had come from school because it had Little A's name on the inside bag (yes, there are two bags there). I immediately asked Molly if she knew what it was before asking the contents' owner. She informed me that Little A had said something about a sheep.

Me - "Little A, what is this?"

Little A - "It's sheep hair that comes from a sheep."

Me - "OH! That's sheep hair?"

Little A - "Yes."

Me - "But what's in there? Why's it red?"

Little A - "I told you! It's sheep hair!"

Me - "I know it's sheep hair, but I've never seen a red sheep before. Have you seen a red sheep?"

Little A - "It's sheep hair with redness in it."

Me - "How did you make the redness?"

Little A - "It's sheep hair."

This conversation was going NOWHERE. I get it, it's sheep hair. But WHY is it red and squishy?

On to plan B... Text B and our friend who's daughter is in Little A's class and see if THEY know what it is...

Here is a direct quote from B. "A bloody sheep is my guess. I am not fully sure what the project was. But D said it was wool." Strike two! B told me that he asked the same thing and was given the same answer about the sheep hair. He said that the bag started leaking while they were on their way out of the classroom so the teacher put it all into a second bag. I'm not sure why he didn't ask what it was at this point, but perhaps it has to do with being male.

I still haven't heard back from our friend, so.... Until then, we're all left guessing...

Any guesses???? BESIDES SHEEP HAIR!!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our neighbor, David, will know. Send it with her tomorrow and she can show it to him. He's a sheep-shearer! Mgm