Sunday, May 1, 2011

Turkey Burgers And Oven Fries

Okay, recipe fans (Aunt Ann, I'm talking to you!)... This might just be one of my new favorite meals!

Turkey Burgers (8 points)

1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
1 package dry onion soup mix
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
6 hamburger buns (I used the new Sara Lee Hearth Healthy Soft & Smooth 100% Whole Wheat buns)

In a large bowl, mix the turkey with the onion soup mix, pepper, garlic salt, and soy sauce. Refrigerate the mixture about 10 minutes, then form into 6 patties.

Preheat the grill for medium-high heat. Lightly oil the grill grate. Place the patties on the grill. Cook for 20 minutes, turning once, or until well done. The inside of the burgers will look whitish in color when cooked through.

Serve on buns



Oven Fries (3 points)

2 large uncooked potatoes, baking-variety, cut into 16 long wedges each
1 Tbsp canola oil (I use olive oil)
Garlic Salt

Place oven rack in top third of oven. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a large baking sheet with nonstick foil (for easy clean-up) and spray with cooking spray.

Pour olive oil in a large Ziploc bag. Place potatoes in the bag and shake until coated. Spread potatoes into a single layer on prepared pan. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Bake for 20 minutes.

Remove potatoes from oven. Flip potatoes and arrange in a single layer (I find it easier to remove the foil and potatoes from the pan, put new foil on the pan and spray it, then flip the whole thing back onto the new foil on the pan). Sprinkle with more garlic salt.

Return pan to oven and bake until potatoes are golden, about 15 to 25 minutes. Yields about 8 fries per serving.

Tonight was the first night I made the turkey burgers, but I've made the oven fries lots of times. The kids love them and I keep serving them for guests. YUM!!

ENJOY!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Yes I love new and tried recipes
I also forwared this on to Nicole, she is a great fan of Turkey Burgers.
I bought the 5 ingredent WW Cookbook the last time I went it has some quick and easy looking recipes in it that I am planing to try. Will let you know how they come out. Love you all Auntie A