Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

"HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, MOMMY!" Those were the first words out of Little A's mouth when she woke me up this morning. How can I wake up grumpy when I wake up to THAT? And the next words? "Can I give you your surprises now???" She was so excited to show me what she'd made at school.

This morning I was showered with cards, gifts and snuggles... Hand print flowers, an olive oil sprayer, a pineapple corer/slicer, and a three hole punch. These may not compare to diamond rings and gold bracelets, but it was EXACTLY what I wanted! To top it off, B was kind enough to teach Sunday School for me so that I could have a day off! Thanks, B!

After church we went to our favorite breakfast spot and then we went home to take naps. I have a million things I SHOULD have been doing, but it sure felt great to do nothing! I was so lazy that I made Big A call Grandma and Grandpa to make our plans for dinner. I didn't want to get out of my warm blanket!

Grandma and Grandpa came over this evening and dad took us out to dinner. It was a pretty kick-back day... Nothing fancy and just, plain relaxing... Thank you, everyone!



Now... The good part... I want to take a minute to honor MY mom. Mom, you are my mom and my best friend. You are there for me through good times and bad, when I need a shoulder to cry on and someone to laugh with. I appreciate your advice, your support, your encouragement and your love. I love you so much and i thank God every day for you. Thank you for being you!


Happy Mother's Day, Mom.... I love you!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Amy! I love you SO much, too. Your a wonderful daughter and a wonderful mother to my wonderful grandkids ... life is just "wonderful" and I am the luckiest!!!!! XOM infinity