Sunday, May 22, 2011

Family Fun

Today was a day of all work and no play... B worked overtime while the kids and I cleaned their closet, removed clothes that no longer fit, played our 2nd to last baseball game, and worked on Big A's reading. When B got home shortly after 3 we decided it was time for some fun.

Big A suggested the beach and little did he know, he and I were on the same wavelength (no pun intended!). I didn't want to go to the beach to play, but I DID want to take a drive out to scope out some campsites so we grabbed some jackets, piled into the van, and headed for the coast.

We have reservations for a park out at the coast in a couple of weeks, so I wanted to check out the park and our campsites. I'm not overly impressed (and I went in knowing full well that I wouldn't be) but the point is to go out and have fun, and that's what we're all excited about. We also drove through another park out there with our map in hand and circled sites that suited our needs. As a side note... I've started a camping binder that holds all of our campground maps with our favorite sites circled so that making reservations will be easier for future trips.

After driving through a couple of parks, seeing the sites, spotting some wildlife, and watching the parachute surfers, we decided we'd have a bite to eat at a local seafood restaurant before heading home. We were JUST in time to get a table by the window and not have to wait. We all enjoyed coloring, watching boats, and just having fun together!

When we were getting in the car to head home, Big A started crying. When I asked him what was wrong he said, "That was just SO much fun! I don't want to go home!" He's SO sweet and sensitive! I LOVE that boy!


No comments: